This issue is once more dominated by browser news. Firefox 97 is rolling out - make sure your browser received de update. Vivaldi released version 5.1 for both desktop and Android users. Mac users can now try Safari Technology Preview 140. And the software updates include Ember.js 4.2.0, Node v17.5.0, npm 8.5.0, and more.
This week is the turn for Firefox to release an update. Here are the main features that arrive in Firefox 97:
- support for the new style of scrollbars on Windows 11
- CSS cascade layers are enabled by default
- support for the
- a fair amount of security fixes
More information can be found in the official release notes.
Vivaldi rolled out the 5.1 update, using the full capabilities of Chromium 98. Desktop users can now scroll through their open tabs. Android users get some extra performance and a lot of new customization options.
Safari Technology Preview 140 is now available. As someone focused on CSS, I can only applaud these new features and I can't wait to see them part of the main build:
- better support for the
- support for intrinsic sizes in
flex-basis(Yes!!! I ran into this very bug last week.)
More details are available in the official release notes.
Software updates and releases
- AdminJS v5.6.0 - an admin panel for apps written in node.js
- Hotkey Behavior v2.0.0 - trigger an action on an element with a keyboard shortcut
- Node v16.14.0 (LTS)
- Node v17.5.0 (Current)
- npm 8.5.0
- RedwoodJS 0.45.0 - Edge deployable full-stack JS framework
- Vite 2.8.0 - next gen frontend tooling
- Vue Devtools v6.0.0 - browser devtools extension for debugging Vue.js applications
Wrapping things up
That's about all I have for this issue. If you enjoyed this newsletter, there are a couple of ways to support it. You can share the link to this issue on social media, and follow this newsletter on Twitter. Each one of these helps me out, and I would appreciate your consideration.
Have a great and productive week, keep yourselves safe, spend as much time as possible with your loved ones, and I will see you again next time!