Surveys are the main topic of this issue. State of JS 2022 is currently open. The State of Frontend 2022 report is available. Find more details about how IE mode is replacing IE 11 and what it means for browser vendors to deal with expired Operating Systems. On the release radar, we have Ant Design 5.0, Axios 1.2, Prettier 2.8, and more. And the resources of the week are a mix of icons, gradients, and other useful utilities.
State of JS 2022
State of frontend 2022
The Software House published its State of frontend 2022 report. The survey was filled by over 3700 people from 125 countries, while the results have been analyzed by 19 frontend experts. You can read the report online or you can download it for later.
IE 11 will be permanently disabled on certain versions of Windows 10 starting February 2023. If your organization still requires IE, make sure you are prepared for the transition.
Operating Systems come and go. All browsers will stop supporting Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 in 2023. Vivaldi dev and security expert Yngve Pettersen explains the challenges faced by browser vendors in such a situation.
Software updates and releases
- Ant Design 5.0 - An enterprise-class UI design language and React UI library
- Axios 1.2.0 - Promise based HTTP client for the browser and node.js
- better-sqlite3 8.0 - The fastest and simplest library for SQLite3 in Node.js
- NodeBB v2.6.0 - Node.js based forum software built for the modern web
- Prettier 2.8 - An opinionated code formatter
- Rollup v3.4.0 - Next-generation ES module bundler
- Shepherd 11.0 - Guide your users through a tour of your app
Front End Resources
- Futicons - Icons for the future
- Rayst Gradients - A Collection of Beautiful Gradients Generated by AI
- Random User Generator - A free, open-source API for generating random user data
- Regex-Vis - Regex visualizer and editor
- vectormaker - Convert images to SVG vectors
There's more where that came from. Explore the rest of the Front End Resource collection.
Wrapping things up
Ukraine is still suffering from the Russian invasion - if you are looking for ways to help, please check Smashing Magazine's article We All Are Ukraine 🇺🇦 or get in touch with your trusted charity.
If you enjoyed this newsletter, there are a couple of ways to support it:
- 📢 share the link to this issue on social media
- ❤️ follow this newsletter on Twitter
- ☕ buy me a coffee
Each of these helps me out, and I would appreciate your consideration.
That's all I have for this issue. Have a great and productive week, keep yourselves safe, spend as much time as possible with your loved ones, and I will see you again next time!