It has been another fairly quiet week in the web industry. I think it's a first when I have no browser news to announce. Netlify unveiled Edge Functions, a new serverless runtime powered by Deno. And there are many important releases, such as Deno 1.21, Electron 18, Ember 4.3, Node 18, Nuxt 3 RC, and more.
Netlify Edge Functions
Edge functions are available at no extra costs. However, there are usage limits depending on the plan you are using.
There are no browser news in this issue. Do stay tuned though for next week, when Chrome 101 is scheduled to be released.
Software updates and releases
- Deno 1.21 -
- Ember 4.3 -
- fast-json-stringify v3.1.0 - Even faster
- HyperFormula 2.0.0 - high-performance calculation engine for web apps
- Neutralinojs v4.5.0 - desktop application development framework
- Node.js 18 -
- Nuxt 3 Release Candidate -
- React Redux v8.0.0 - Official React bindings for Redux
- WebAssembly 2.0 - W3C First Public Working Draft 19 April 2022
Wrapping things up
Ukraine is still suffering from the Russian invasion - if you are looking for ways to help, please check Smashing Magazine's article We All Are Ukraine 🇺🇦 or get in touch with your trusted charity.
That's about all I have for this issue. If you enjoyed this newsletter, there are a couple of ways to support it. You can share the link to this issue on social media and follow this newsletter on Twitter. Each of these helps me out, and I would appreciate your consideration.
Have a great and productive week, keep yourselves safe, spend as much time as possible with your loved ones, and I will see you again next time!